1. Raekwon wants the Wu reunion to be done right if it happens. As a 40-year-old man with kids and as a man dealing with taxes, it's all business and it’s important that the deal is cut right. Essentially, if the numbers offered aren't right then it's not worth the effort. It's not all about the money and Rae wishes that the Wu could work together in one house whenever all hands are on deck for the project.
There are a lot of issues and it's from "the owners" of Wu-Tang and not necessarily the members of the Wu.
Rae doesn't want to be led down a "raggedy" road and he’d never walk away from a Wu album.
2. The closest member of the Wu for Raekwon is Ghostface. Of course, the conversation takes a turn to VH1’s Couples Therapy. Rae defends Ghost's decision to do the show.
According to Raekown, Ghost looked at like an opportunity. The show is a "tool" that can be used in the best of Ghost’s ability. He’s a “lover boy” and needed to be open about his relationships.
3. Jay Z had a vision to have Ghostface and Raekwon on his Magna Carta Holy Grail album, on a song titled “Heaven.” There was slight difficulty locating Ghostface for the song and Raekwon was the only one to record a verse.
Jay felt the song would be incomplete and he scrapped the idea of having any features on the song altogether. Rae’s very proud of what he record since he was under a 24-hour deadline.
4. Drake’s “Wu-Tang forever” does not have a verse from Raekwon. Raekwon slightly regrets not being part of the project but he “wasn’t crazy over the beat.” Drake knew his feelings about the beat which is why Rae wasn't moved enough to go for it.
5. Raekown would never hate RZA because RZA took him “out the hood.” At that time in his life, Raekwon was headed down a horrible path which makes his loyalty to RZA unwavering.
6. Raekwon thinks of ODB often because he was a founder of the crew. ODB had a special bond with Rae and he'd never argue with him while he disputed with others. When it comes to the loyalty, the group always cut him his check while he was in jail.
Raekwon doesn’t understand the “switch that happened” with OBD when he got out of jail because they sent him bread and visited. He refuses to allow anyone to take away the fact that he was there for him in the best way possible.
BONUS: The name of Raekwon's upcoming album is F.I.L.A which stands for Fly International Luxurious Art.
Photos: Raekwon Interview With The Breakfast Club
The Breakfast Club is a four and a half hour morning show featuring DJ Envy, Angela Yee and Charlamagne Tha God's unrivaled interviews with celebrities and hip-hop artists. From megastars like Justin Bieber, Nicki Minaj and Arnold Schwarzenegger to rap icons such as Rick Ross, Waka Flocka and Gucci Mane, every guest visiting The Breakfast Club is grilled with their signature blend of honesty and humor. The results are the best interviews to be found on radio.
The Breakfast Club includes segments such as Angela Yee's Rumor Report – Angela shares the latest pop-culture news, while Envy and Charlamagne share their unique opinions on each topic; Donkey of the Day – Charlamagne chooses a public figure or celebrity to poke fun at after public missteps; and DJ Envy's People's Choice Mix - 25 minutes straight of DJ Envy's award winning music mixes.